Sunday, September 14, 2014

I'm With The Band

Welcome!  And allow me to point out, lest you feel the responsibility to do so, that I haven't a clue as to what I'm doing here!  

Okay, so here's the deal: Mommy and The Meltdowns is the rock band version of my very un-rock star life.  Sometimes, the meltdowns will be mine.  Sometimes they will be those of my children.  My SIX children.  Trust me when I say there is ample source material here. I want nothing more than to share our craziness with you in the hope that you will laugh or cry with us, understand and feel understood.

For me, this experiment is an opportunity to rekindle a long neglected love of writing and an attempt to record some of the things about our family's life that I will myself to remember always when, sadly, I will not.  Hell, I can't recall why I just walked into the kitchen so, really, who am I kidding?  I am also hoping to become more mindful of just how lucky I am to be among all these crazy people.  Like all parents, or at least the honest ones, I spend more time than I'd like feeling inadequate in one way or another.  Perhaps by focusing on all that goes well for us, I can be more forgiving about my failures.  

BUT WAIT!  BACK AWAY FROM THE MOUSE! 

This will NOT be a highlight reel by any means.  The world does not need another So Perfect You Want To Wipe A Boogie On Her blogger.  You will see and hear some things that will likely make you cringe and (I'm hoping!) some that make you think,  "Oh, thank God, it's not just me!"  

Stick with me. This could be fun! 


No comments:

Post a Comment